This is a FREE pattern for the beautifully simple, yet so very practical, Good-To-Go Messenger Bag by Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets)!
This bag comes in two sizes – small and large – enabling you to create quick and easy cross body bags for both adults and children alike. It has a magnetic snap to secure the flap, however this can easily be left off if you prefer.
Inside the bag is a small slip pocket – perfect for holding your keys, mobile phone or anything else you need quick access to.
These bags also make the perfect gift – make one for a special person, fill it with goodies and they’re always well received!
The pattern contains clear, detailed instructions. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. It is suitable for a beginner sewer.
The finished sizes of the Good-To-Go Messenger Bag are as follows:
- Width – 9″ (23cm)
- Height – 7 1/2″ (19cm)
- Depth – 3″ (7.5cm)
- Width – 12″ (30cm)
- Height – 9″ (23cm)
- Depth – 3 1/2″ (9cm)
- Fabric for the outer bag and strap (e.g. quilting cotton, denim) – up to 1¼yd (1.25m)
- Fabric for the lining and pocket (e.g. quilting cotton) – up to ¾yd (0.75m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – ¾yd (0.75m) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (3.8cm x 7.6cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – ½” (13mm) for small size, ¾” (19mm) for large size
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.